It’s really important to have a laugh sometimes…here is some stuff that made us smile. If you’d like to add things that have made you smile then please tweet us your suggestions @freshCAMHS #cheerup and we will add them
Try It at Home
If your device doesn’t support the stuff above or you are away from your device and you need a lift…have a go at this:
Smile and the world smiles with you
Your brain is always reading your face and your face is always sending messages to your brain. When things get tough and you need a small boost try the half-smile. Not a massive grin…just a gentle half-smile. Relax your face, neck and shoulder muscles and then put a little half-smile on your face.
This isn’t about pretending that you are fine when you are not, it’s just a way of giving your brain some information and taking the edge off stressful situations. Go on…give it a go!
Laughter is the best medicine
(although consult your doctor on this one!)
Your body doesn’t really know the difference between real laughter and faking it. So if you want to have a laugh: fake it fake it until you make it! Here are some yogic-laughter instructions to get you going:
- Relax your body by tensing up and then letting it go
- Starting with your arms by your side, breathe in raising both arms until they are high above your head
- As you breathe out, lower your hands to your sides and make the noise ‘ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha’
- Then breathe in again whilst raising your hands
- As you breathe out this time, lower your hands and make the noise ‘he, he, he, he, he, he, he’
- Repeat this process with the next noise being ‘ho, ho, ho, ho, ho’
- Next, hold your hands presed together in front of your face and start a silent little tiny laugh
- As you widen the gap between your palms make your laugh bigger and bigger and bigger until your arms are outstretched and you are laughing as loud as you can
- Do this until you are laughing your socks off!